Evaluation
- In terms of research skills, each account given by the artists used in my article are real and were quotes taken from genuine interviews (secondary data). The statistics were taken from RIAA’s website, which has the most up-to-date figures. In terms of weaknesses, I could’ve summarised the quotes as they take up most of the article.
- My journalistic weaknesses would be that I shift from formal to informal throughout. I think it could have been more balanced and more subtle. I do, however, use some journalistic phrases and words which I have come across in the magazines I often read.
- I learnt how to make a double page spread, how to insert text boxes, images and the like. How to change the colour background and to fit an image to its frame. I struggled when it came to adding text from Word, although I got the hang of it, after a while. I’m still unsure of how to export my article to Blogger, but will be asking a teacher for help.
- My web publishing skills could be better— for one, articles are arranged differently online. The background picture I used wouldn’t be a great choice if used on a web page. It isn’t scaled very well.
- One person stated that there’s too much use of red. I do agree. I was doubtful about making my text red, but black and white merged with the background, which would cause readers to strain when reading the article. Some said the cover page is done nicely, although it could be better.
Targets
- Summarise quotes more effectively.
- Learn how to close an article. I feel it would come across harsh or rash, as if I was hasty to end it.
- Be more aware of colour scheme. Should be more subtle
- Consider if it’s appealing to the eye. Was the background picture a good idea?
No comments:
Post a Comment